About this Webinar:
This free webinar, led by Dick Green of the ASPCA’s disaster response team, covers results from the National Emergency Veterinary Response Capabilities survey. You’ll get insights into the emergency veterinary capabilities in your area and across the country.
Attendees will learn:
· The status of state and national emergency veterinary capabilities
· How veterinary resources are made available to states following a federally-declared disaster
· How to learn more about available emergency veterinary resources
· County and state emergency managers
· State Departments of Agriculture
· Veterinary Medical Associations
· Schools of veterinary medicine
About the Presenter:
Dick Green is Senior Director of Disaster Response for the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA). He has responded to scores of disasters including typhoons in Taiwan, Philippines and Australia; volcanic eruptions in the U.S., Philippines and Iceland; tsunamis in Sri Lanka and Japan; and earthquakes in China, Haiti and Japan. Recent responses in the United States include fires and mudslides in California, volcanic eruption in Hawaii, Hurricane Florence in 2018 and Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria in 2017.
He has trained hundreds of responders in disaster prevention and response and has developed training curricula and texts for Slackwater Rescue, Water Rescue for Companion Animals and Rope Rescue for Companion Animals. His book Animals in Disasters was released in February 2019.