Wednesday, May 23, 3-4 pm ET
As kitten season kicks into full gear, we’ll help you enlist more volunteers to foster your felines and avoid overcrowding at your agency. Learn how to master media relations, build your social media presence and—this may be a tough job but someone’s gotta do it—go live with kittens.
This webinar is for anyone with a foster program, and especially designed for agencies participating in the ASPCA’s Meow For Now National Kitten Foster Campaign (join here*), set to launch June 1.
• Danielle Arnold, Senior Manager, Media & Communications, ASPCA
• Carly O’Malley, Manager, Social Media, ASPCA
ASPCA experts in media relations and social media will show you how to:
• Engage reporters and secure news coverage with effective pitches to help spread the word about kitten season and your need for foster parents
• Leverage social media to recruit more kitten and cat foster parents
• Optimize going live (Facebook Live, that is) with kittens to be part of the meow heard ’round the world on June 1!
• Participate in the #MeowForNow hashtag conversation
• Appeal to potential foster families by meeting them where they are
We will share tried-and-true foster recruitment tips that have been effective for your sheltering and rescue colleagues. You’ll walk away from this session with practical ideas to work the media and engage your online supporters. Bring your questions!
Join the National Kitten Foster Campaign at https://www.aspcapro.org/kittenfoster